HHWA HEADIEThe nominees for this year’s HIP HOP WORLD AWARDS have emerged. There are 19 categories in total and they include only music materials released into the Nigerian market between December 2008 and November 2009. Please look at the list and leave your comments. Voting procedures would come your way soon. HIP HOP WORLD AWARDS 2010 would hold at the new EKO HOTELS EXHIBITION CENTRE on May 29, 2010. Here are the contenders:
ALBUM OF THE YEAR
For the Best album (solo or group) in year under review, that meets judges’ requirements of excellence (in every realms: songwriting, production, rendition and promotion) and acceptability (sales, popularity)
C.E.O Artist: DAGRIN
MUSHIN 2 MO’HITS Artist: WANDE COAL
UN-DAREY-TED Artist: DAREY
DANGER Artist: PSQUARE
LEAST EXPECTED Artist: BRACKET
ARTISTE OF THE YEAR
For the most critically and commercially adjudged artist in the year under review; Overall most successful artist for the year under review.
WANDE COAL Real Name: OJOSHIPE WANDE JNR.
TERRY G Real Name: GABRIEL AMANYI
DAREY Real Name: DARE ART ALADE
BRACKET Real Name: NWACHUKWU OZIOKO and ALI OBUMNEME
DAGRIN Real Name: OLAITAN OLAONIPEKUN
SONG OF THE YEAR
For the most popular song from an album in year under review. Decided by voting
“YORI YORI” Artiste: BRACKET
“KOKOROKO” Artiste: KEFEE
“YOU BAD” Artiste: Wande Coal
“FREE MADNESS Pt. 2” Artiste: Terry G
“ALANTA” Artiste: Art Quake
RECORDING OF THE YEAR
For the best single recording (on-air only or released) by artist or group in year under review.
“STRONG TING” Artist – Banky W
“I LOVE U” Artist – P-Square
“HEAVEN PLEASE” Artist – Timi Dakolo
“KEEPER OF MY DREAMS” Artist – Lara George
PRODUCER OF THE YEAR
For the individual responsible for producing the most acclaimed songs/album in the year under review. His CV for the year includes top notch tracks and production credits no one can fault.
Album/Song Title – “More”, “Love Truly
Artiste(s) – DAREY ART ALADE, IYANYA
Album/Song Title – “Strong Ting”, “No Stars”
Artiste(s) – Banky W, Dare Art-Alade
Album/Song Title – “Banana,” “U Bad”
Artist – Wande Coal
Album/Song Title – “Everyday,” “Igboro”
Artiste – Dagrin
Album/Song Title – “Thank God”, “Ako Mi Ti Poju”
Artiste – Dagrin, Naeto C
BEST MUSIC VIDEO (AWARD GOES TO DIRECTOR)
For the best conceptualised, best edited, best picture, best directed and most exciting video in year under review as voted by fans and decided by the jury.
Music Video Title – “DANGER”
Artist – P Square
Music Video Title – “Kokoroko”
Artist – Kefee
Music Video Title – “Finest”
Artist – Knight House Ft. Sauce Kid & Teeto
Music Video Title – Ako Mi Ti Poju
Artist – Naeto C
Music Video Title – “Safe”
Artist – M.I
BEST R ‘N’ B SINGLE
For the best R&B single in year under review (by single individual or group)
“STRONG TING” Artist – Banky W
“NEVER FELT A LOVE” Artist – Femi
“I LOVE YOU” Artist – P-Square
“NO STARS” Artist – Darey
“OVERKILLIN” Artist – Djinee
BEST POP SINGLE
For the best pop single in year under review (by single individual or group)
“YORI YORI” Artist– Bracket
“U BAD” Artist– Wande Coal
“KOKOROKO” Artist– Kefee
“DANGER” Artist – P-Square
“HOTTER THAN FIRE” Artist– Dr. Pat and Sheyman
BEST R ‘N’ B/ POP ALBUM
For the best R&B or pop album in year under review (by single individual or group)
MUSHIN 2 MO’HITS Artist- Wande Coal
DANGER Artist- P-Square
LEAST EXPECTED Artist- Bracket
UN.DAREY.TED Artist – Darey Art Alade
BEST RAP SINGLE
For the best single released on-air recording of a rap song
“AKO MI TI POJU” Artist – Naeto C
“OWO ATI SWAGGER” Artist – Catiair
“FINEST” Artist – Knight House ft. Sauce Kid & Teeto
“SAMPLE Remix” Artist – Terry Tha Rapman Ft. Stereo Man & Pherowshuz
“SOMEBODY WANTS TO DIE” Artiste – M.I
BEST RAP ALBUM
For the best album by a rap artist or group in year under review
CEOArtist – Dagrin
DAT IBO BOY Artist – Ill Bliss
MORE THAN RAP MUSIC Artist – Cartiair
THE INVESTMENT Artist
LYRICIST ON THE ROLL
For the Rap Artist with best lyrical depth and performance on a single song or album
M.I : Song - Somebody’s Gat To Die
MODENINE Song – Bad Man
OD Song – Got To Love Me
PHEROWSHUZ Song – Sample Remix (Featured by Terry Tha Rapman)
For the Best R&B, Pop or hip hop collaborative track (including cameos) in year under review
“KOKOROKO” Artists –Kefee Ft. Timaya
“FINEST” Artists– Knight House Ft. Sauce Kid & Teeto
“AYE PO GAN” Artists – Ill Bliss Ft. Terry G
“SAMPLE Remix” Artists – Terry Tha Rapman Ft. Stereo Man & Pherowshuz
BEST VOCAL PERFORMANCE (MALE)
For the Single male artiste with most outstanding vocal performance on a single song or album
DARE ART ALADE – “NO STARS”
BANKY W - “STRONG TING”
WANDE COAL – “BANANA”
GT THE GUITARMAN – “KINIMATISE”
TIMI DAKOLO – “HEAVEN PLEASE”
BEST VOCAL PERFORMANCE (FEMALE)
For the Single female act with most outstanding vocal performance on a single song or album
IBIYEMI -“DON’T LEAVE ME”
KEFEE – “KOKOROKO”
LARA GEORGE - “KEEPER OF MY DREAMS”
WAJE – “Kolo”
EVA – “NO CRY”
BEST STREET HOP
For the most popular street-hop single in year under review
“FREE MADNESS Pt. 2” Artist – Terry G
“IGBORO TI DARU” Artist – Klever J Ft. Eedris Abdul Kareem
“FILE BE” Artiste– Jaywon
“ALANTA” Artiste – Art Quake
“ONE BY ONE” Artiste– Side One
For the most promising upcoming officially unreleased act in the year under review
GENERAL PYPE -“E FI MI LE”
MO CHEDDAH – “IF YOU WANT ME”
JESSE JAGZ – “WETIN DEY”
D’PRINCE – “OMOBA”
SKUKI – “BANGER”
HIPHOP WORLD REVELATION OF THE YEAR
For the Best New artiste in the year under review
HIP HOP WORLD HALL OF FAME
Non competitive category, to be announced soon.
CRITERIA FOR NOMINATION1. Only music materials released in the Nigerian market between December 2008 and November 2009 are eligible for nomination.
2. Artistes cannot submit music materials created by other people except for materials to which they have copyright.
3. All music materials must fall into Pop, HipHop, Urban Contemporary, R&B, Reggae, Dance Hall and Soul.
4. Songs and albums in the popular categories are screened for popularity around the country and not in particular centers or states.
5. Nigerian born artistes are not qualified for the African artiste of the year category.
6. No music materials that endorse/encourage fraud, alcohol abuse, narcotics and wanton sex are eligible for nomination, except if said songs have radio-edited versions.
7. The screening committee/panel of judges can nullify any category that is not competitive in the year under review.
8. Best Music Video of the year goes to the video director.
9. Non Nigerian creators (including artistes, producers and music video directors) are not eligible for nomination except in African artiste of the year category.
10. The board of judges shall decide on the recipients of the HipHop World Awards Hall Of Fame.
11. All eligible music materials are considered fairly regardless of who submitted or not.
12. Only creators credited on music works shall be considered as right owners.
13. The ‘Headie Plaque’ remains the property of HipHop World Awards. It is not transferable at any point. The judges have a right to withdraw an award at any time.
14. Each participant on every collaboration shall be awarded.